Sunday, October 25, 2009

Shit Sandwich

The title sums up my race at smithville. Course was pretty good. Minus the beach. For me that beach sucked. Mentally I wasn't in it and my legs weren't much in it either. I was front row call up due to my early pre-registration but lately I haven't much deserved it in the cat 3 races. Decent start, a bit congested but it sorted out and I settled in maybe 5th or 6th. Went backwards from there. I actually wanted to try and pace myself a bit better this race and not chase people who were faster than me and blow up. I think that caused me to just go slower than what I'm capable of. Slid back to about 15th place (38 racers total). I was getting passed by people I know on a good day I can beat. Finally with 2 to go I got some motivation and wanted to start chasing. Came down from the pavilion to make a right hander on the paved trail and slid out. Went down hard on my right hip. I was fine but put my derailler hanger in the shape of an "L". Called it right there. DNF. I'll be a bit sore for a couple days.
Actually my legs felt better on friday than they did today. I'm going to hit this week hard and try to set up to get some redemption. I feel a top 10 in the 3's should be my goal. Maybe top 9 if Mark Cole would race open - he's pretty fast.

We'll see. I'm in Rolla working the Smile Mobile for the week and need to get good training in. Weather looks crappy though.

Hopefully no more Shit Sandwiches.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, you're on to it. Don't leave winning the race until the last couple of laps. Sounds like you were just too hot into that turn, making up spots. You've been killing it so far, keep up the awesome work main!

    ReplyDelete