Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tour of KC - Power and Light Crit

Sunday 6/28/09:
Power and light crit. short, rectangle, half uphill, half down.
This course suited me well. The climbs broke up the field quick, if you don't climb you'll likely get pulled on such a short course - easy as that. I had great position from the start which allowed me to get in the groove before I put in any big efforts. Turned out I really didn't need to put in any effort until they called last lap. Heading up the first hill I saw a bike shack racer who i know is strong begin to move up to the lead position, I matched his move on the opposite side of the group and wound up right on his wheel. Sat in 2nd position down the backside of the course. One rider snuck in on the inside at turn 3 to take the lead and as we hit turn 4 someone came on my outside. All we had left was an uphill sprint to the finish and I was currently sitting 4th. None of those positions changed in the sprint and I wound up taking 4th. Fairly happy with that result but you can't help but think if I was the first to jump would I have kept hold of 1st? - Maybe I'll start taking more risk and jumping first instead of waiting for others to go.

Still for the weekend brought home $80 with some road rash and deep gash on my hip. - it's all good.

2 comments:

  1. A good overall weekend...well done.

    Thanks for having us over tonight.

    P.S. - Diggin' the redesign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My back hurt so I didn't come by. Keep paying those bill$!!

    ReplyDelete