Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hydrogen Peroxide, Butterfly bandage, new skin, superglue (in that order)

Downtown Lee's Summit Criterium, Rain. Nuf said.
It was probably 4th or 5th lap, came through the final turn going into the start/finish and hit the ground like a ton of bricks. Wasn't sure if it was my front or rear wheel that slid out but I was on the ground sliding towards the curb. Layed on the grass for a minute to collect myself and asses the damage. Small bit of road rash on my right hip, right knee scuffed up, but my right hip split on the pavement from the contact. there was some fat tissue sticking out from gash. Pretty interesting because the skin broke on contact between my hip and left my bib shorts intact. Was contemplating getting stitches which I probably need but my handy skills have it under control.

We'll see how it feels tomorrow. hopefully I'll be back racing after i fix my der hanger.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a weekend! crazy hot and banged up too!
    (this stuff still makes my gut churn!) Heal fast and go easy this week...

    ReplyDelete