Monday, November 2, 2009

Boss Cross #3

Went out to Platte City for Boss Cross #3. Course was so-so. Step incline that I rode up the first several laps and had to run up after my legs started to fade. Was a fast race. finished 13/16. Not so good of a result. Seems like I'm getting slower or my competition is getting faster. maybe a bit of both. I guess I am still in my first year of racing and first cross season. Still enjoying it - although not until 30 minutes after the race ends. It's funny how during the race when you're suffering you think to yourself "This sucks, why am I doing this, I need to cat down, I'm not having fun, etc...." But then shortly after the race you're just like, yeah, that wasn't so bad, had a good time, can't wait til next race! Actually most cyclists and endurance athletes probably suffer from some sort of dementia. they're hypnotized into thinking their sports is awesome and they love it eventhough the act of competing or racing is really painful and completely miserable. Right now for example- I want to go out tomorrow and get in some good training and threshold work. But just this past weekend I was thinking of taking 4 days off.

anyway, David raced great in the 3/4 race. 6th place in a super fast race. Jane got out of her 4th place slump and secured a 2nd place and $30 gift certificate to cycle city! We also had all 4 cat 4's place in the top 11 with Steve V. leading the way with his best finish to date. nice.

Sunday I didn't race although the course would have suited me well, fairly flat, moderately technical. Jane did race and rode to 3rd place.

Doubling up this next weekend in Topeka and then Leavenworth.

3 comments:

  1. Aren't endurance sports great? I mean, what can be possibly attractive about making yourself suffer during a race, which is followed by the humiliation of dry heaving and breathing in gasps for several minutes after a race?

    I don't know the answer, but I'll be back at it next weekend and the one after that. See you in Topeka...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called masochism. Admit it- you're into it.

    ReplyDelete