Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cat 3

After Sedalia, I knew I wouldn't be racing road anymore this season. So, in keeping with what I've been saying for awhile - I upgraded to the 3's.
Considering that this was my first season racing and I moved from 5-3, I'm pretty happy. Although I did race a lot of races, I easily got enough upgrade points in a span of 4 months. It was nice winning money in the 4's. For the most part I felt I could show up to most crits and RR's and make bank. - that's usually a sign an upgrade is in order.
Although I will say that I was dissappointed I couldn't race Tour of KC part 2. I felt I was in prime shape for that one. - what really sucked about that was I pre-registered the day I got appendicitis.
Another quick thought is that my last 2 races as a 4 were spent racing in 3/4 fields. The first race in Springfield my teammate crashed directly in front of me and I went down. The second race in Sedalia went down. Not a good way to enter the 3 field.

Still looking forward to a good cross season. Wrist is still sore (although much better) from a week ago and can't quite ride rough conditions. Hopefully all will be in order for Swope Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment