Thursday, May 7, 2009

Turn the page

finished my last final today. Good semester in the clinic, got a lot done, in a good position to knock out most of my requirements this summer. That would leave me with fall and spring semester next year to work on patient cases that I choose....the fun stuff.
Bad semester in the classroom. I mostly blame cycling. with racing and my obsessive nature over my hobbies/sports I found it pretty hard to stay motivated and study for exams. Also because I'm just really burnt out after the last 3 years of D. school and I've finally found an outlet for my competitive nature since I stopped playing soccer. It's really consumed my life, but I love it. I wish I got more involved in cycling earlier.

So now that I am officially a 4th year (where the hell did the time go) my sole priority is clinic; although there are a few classes in the fall semester, there is very little in the spring and NO CLASSES this summer - just seeing patients. So this summer I will attempt to take things to the next level in regards to racing and training. Hopefully after a full summer of racing and a smooth transition into the fall semester I will be ready to tone things down and prepare for part II of my National Board Exam which I take in december. The first portion of this exam ruined my last summer and I am maxing out my opportunity this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear finals are over. I've got a week then it's all about the bike. We'll ride together soon. Have a good time in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete