Wednesday, May 30, 2012

countdown

First big race of the year is Sunday.  WORS #3 in Wausau, WI.  I'm getting pretty anxious thinking about it.  I know my fitness is good and I'm more focused than I have been in 2 years.  Got 100 miles in during the last 2 days.  Monday rode 50 with the wife going easy.  The 20mph winds made it tough at times but not too bad.  Rode the TNWC ride last night and got another 50 in. Feeling good and I was able to hold some decent power up until the last 5 miles.  I'm going to get 1 more ride in 45 min - 1 hour of hard stuff and call it good.

Saturday Jane and I will make the drive up in the AM.  get there, probably eat a bit and then pre ride the course.  Surprisingly I've never pre-ridden a MTB course the day before a race.  But if I'm going all out and want to do well it's a must.  We'll stay overnight and jane might do the cat 3 womens race.

New kits are in for team 360/LaX Velo.  The Mt. Borah stuff is very nice and comfortable - we got hooked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment