Thursday, June 16, 2011

Still working.

4 months since surgery. Been weight bearing for almost 2 months. Have been hitting the weights more regularly, although that leaves me unable to ride for a couple days after that - my legs are just too tired to do anything but soft pedal. Made an appearance at the slower Wednesday night ride last week. I wasn't the slowest, but i wasn't fast. Last weekend Jane's sister was in town so I didn't get much riding in. I tried to ride a bit on Sunday after Jane's triathlon that she did very well in, but my legs were crap.
Monday I rode up the bluff on the MTB and hit up some trails for a short ride. It was the second time I've been on the trails since I've been riding. This attempt went much better than the first. The first time I could barely stay on the trail. Tuesday I did the "fast ride." I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are crazy fast people here. Even-though I'm still rehabbing, the hammer was dropped and I was off the back on the climb, and then the rollers after that. The pace was being pushed by a group of guys who are all cat 3's but could really be 1's with the power they put out. One guy was the runner up in the Wisconsin RR state champs to Nathan Guerra. Nathan is a pro rider on the WORS circuit who typically finishes top 3 between Brian Matter and Tristan Schouten. So basically by 30 miles I had to bail out with another guy and soft pedal home.

This saturday I'm doing a bike tour. I've only done 1 before and I'm looking forward to this one. Primarily because I still need to get base miles in and this one has cookies and snacks along the way. 62 miles with 2 climbs - I'll be riding with Jane and a couple other friends who will ride it at a pace that will be good for base miles. and it's for charity. Probably end up with 70 miles by the end of the day saturday.

The strength is coming along and I'll be racing soon enough. If not this sunday, next sunday will be my first race back. A MTB race in Red Wing, MN.

No comments:

Post a Comment