Monday, April 12, 2010

Humble pie tastes like crap

Bazaar RR. Did this race last year, only in the 4/5 category. Did well. This year in the Cat 3 field. Not so well. The only disclaimers I will make are that it was a combined 1/2/3 field and I just clinical boards the day before. Other than that I'm just not in good racing form yet. I knew that going in and my goal was to not get dropped.
The race is an out and back one way and then out and back the other direction. only 48 miles total. At about mile 14-15 I was blowing up. We started getting into some of the rolling hills and the pace was too quick for me. Off the back I went. I ended up calling it at the end of the first out and back which was mile 32.

Will get some more riding in before auburn RR in 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment